How do I set up an Access database connection in Adobe Dreamweaver MX 2004 for classic ASP pages?
To use a DSN-less connection (recommended):
- Set up your site in Dreamweaver
- Open or create a new ASP page
- Expand the Application panel and select the Databases tab
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=[Path to Database]"
- Click on the add (+) button and select Custom Connection String
- In the Custom Connection String window, enter a Connection name
- Enter the following in the Connection string text box:
On Windows 2003, to use a DSN that you created using the Access ODBC Tool in the control panel:
- Select 'Using Driver on Testing Server'
- Click on the Test button to test the connection. Once successful, click OK.
You can now use the database connection in the Dreamweaver wizards when inserting recordsets or query results.
- Click on the add (+) button and select Data Source Name (DSN)
- Enter a connection name
- In the DSN text box, enter the DSN you created in the control panel
- If you set a database password or user accounts within the Access database, enter the credentials in the User Name and Password text boxes (This is not related to any password protection set using the Permission Manager in the control panel)
- Select 'Using DSN on Testing Server'
- Click on the Test button to test the connection. Once successful, click OK
Note: Dreamweaver will upload scripts to your site to test the database connection. For security purposes, Adobe recommends removing these connection scripts once your site has been deployed. Click on Site menu > Advanced > Remove Connection Scripts.